The Kayalu Backwater Explorer Kayak Light Combo is our premium kit for exploring the darkest backwater rivers, streams, swamps and creeks in the company of other paddlers.
This kit includes:
(1) Kayalite® kayak light (MSRP $49.95)
(1) R25® electric torch (MSRP $20.95)
(1) Tektite Navlite® Portable LED Red/Green Kayak Running Lights (MSRP $59.95)
(1) Stainless Steel Eyebolt Kit (MSRP $9.95)
The Kayalite and R25 Electric Torch each provide over 200 hours of service on a single set of 3 AA batteries (included).
The Tektite Red/Green Running Light assembly is comprised of two individual 2-LED Mark III marker lights encased in a Cordura pouch. Each of these red and green lights provides over 100 hours of service on a single set of AA batteries (included).
Each of the four lights included with the Backwater Explorer combo pack feature:
• Patent-pending waterproof housings, submersible to 1000 feet (300 m)
• Ruggedized construction, virtually indestructable
• Marine-grade materials intended for saltwater and freshwater use
• Made in the USA, US CBP Certified
The stainless steel Eyebolt Kit provides a means for secure attachment of the Kayalite to a fixed point on your kayak deck. Installation instructions and a properly sized steel drill bit are included with the Eyebolt Kit.
To read recommendations for outfitting a kayak for night navigation, click here.
Available Options (choose below)
Kayalite Lens Option: Choose between one of our two Kayalite lenses: A) our classic Kayalite clear lens with a white 360-degree reflector or B) our white, titanium-infused "diffusion lens." The clear lens offers high-visibility all-around with the added ability of the Kayalite to be aimed in a particular direction to direct a narrow beam. The newer "diffusion lens" (our standard part, recommended) captures and redirects light normally aimed skyward to improve visibility at 360 degrees across the watersheet while protecting the paddler's night vision. Lenses are interchangeable and can be ordered separately.
Kayalite® Lens Option: