The 28" Surfpole® Expedition Kit is a complete package including:
1. 23" Surfpole Arm
2. Surfpole Base Kit and hardware
3. Backing plate and hardware
4. RAM Mounts Marine-grade Aluminum C-to-B Adaptor
5. NavBeam navigation light (Tektite Mark III and RAM Mounts "B" ball)
6. Vanguard PH-20 pan-tilt camera head with RAM Mounts "C" ball
7. RAM Mounts "B" Camera Ball with 1/4"-20 tripod thread and EPDM Rubber Pad
The 23" arm and base together extend a total of 24 inches (61 cm) above the mounting surface (e.g. a kayak deck). The distance from deck to the platform of the PH-20 is 28 inches (71 cm).
The Surfpole's upper and lower couplers clamp to any RAM Mounts 1.5-inch "C" Ball.
The Surfpole arm can be clamped to:
1. All Surfpole® Accessories
2. Surfpole Marine-grade Aluminum Base (included)
3. Surfpole C-to-B Adaptor (included)
4. RAM Mounts 1.5-inch "C" Ball Bases
5. RAM Mounts 1.5-inch "C" Ball Components, Trays and Cradles
Arm length not including base: 23" (58 cm)
Total weight: 46 oz. (1.3 kg)
The Surfpole Base is a lightweight marine-grade aluminum RAM Mounts 1.5-inch "C" ball. Stainless steel bolts, locknuts and washers are provided along with a 5/32" drill bit.
A marine-grade aluminum backing plate to mate to the Surfpole base is included. An extra set of stainless steel bolts are provided which can be optionally used to thread directly into this backing plate (instead of through the backing plate to locknuts). SBR rubber pads are provided to protect the underside of the kayak deck. A 7/32" drill bit is provided for the backplate bolts to pass through the kayak deck.
All structural components of the Surfpole® are manufactured of marine-grade lightweight aluminum. All Surfpole fittings are manufactured of marine-grade stainless steel, aluminum and brass. Surfpole® arm handles are manufactured of marine-grade composite polymer. All components are resistant to harsh sunlight and UV radiation (no ABS plastic components). Saltwater and freshwater compatible.
Surfpole arm length is measured as the distance in actual extension when the arm is installed between two existing "C" balls. The approximate measurement is taken from the center of a ball in the arm's upper coupler to the center of a ball in the arm's lower coupler. The Surfpole base adds an additional inch (2.54 cm) to the total height.
For more information, click here to visit this product's webpage in new window.