The Kayalu Toughbar™ is a premium-grade 10.5" (27 cm) hardened stainless steel extension arm compatible with all RAM Mount assemblies using RAM′s 1-inch "B" ball, including camera mounts, GPS mounts, iPhone and iPod mounts, fishfinder mounts, binocular mounts — virtually any device mount that uses RAM Mounts' popular 1-inch "B" size ball-and-socket system.
We manufacture the Toughbar using 100% original RAM Mount components with the addition of our own stainless steel extension rod and UV-resistant PVC tubing.
The Toughbar is compatible with:
• Kayalu ParkerMount™ Extension Arm Mounts
• nClamp™ mounts
• Kayalu-enhanced RAM Locking Suction mounts
• All RAM Mounts assemblies using the standard 1-inch "B" ball
The Toughbar includes a RAM Mounts high-strength composite coupler to add an extra degree of versatility to the mount.Using Multiple Extension Arms
Multiple Toughbar Extension Arms can be linked in succession to produce a highly flexible snaking arm. The Toughbar's steel rod and RAM Mounts coupler are both extremely durable, allowing multiple arms to remain stable while maintaining a heavy payload.
IMPORTANT: The Kayalu Toughbar, particularly when supporting a payload weighing over 8 ounces (226 g), creates leveraged force at the base of your existing mount. For this reason, we recommend that your existing mount have an aluminum RAM Mounts ball (such as on Kayalu Parker rigid mounts and nClamp products) rather than a high-strength composite RAM Mounts ball.
The Kayalu Toughbar Elbow is not recommended for use in the following applications:
- Suction mounts carrying payloads heavier than 8 ounces (226 g) installed on surfaces that are subject to vibration or bouncing, such as on automobiles and all watercraft. For such applications, we recommend a Kayalu Parker series rigid mount.
- Tension mounts (i.e. Kayaball, Kayacam) subject to impact, jarring, vibration or bouncing. Tension-based mounts are engineered to manage leverage exerted by their payloads at a particular height from the base, and do not support Toughbar extensions. For such applications, we recommend a Kayalu Parker series rigid mount.
- Mounts having a plastic or high-strength composite RAM Mounts ball at their base.
If your existing mount has a high-strength composite ball at its base (such as found on our standard Kayalu/RAM Locking Suction mounts) we recommend the purchase of an aluminum diamond base (RAM-B-238) to replace the high-strength composite diamond base (RAP-B-238). See our Extras to purchase the RAM-B-238.
If you are interested in a suction cup mount with a Toughbar extension, view our Kayalu / RAM Locking Suction line. We include an aluminum ball at the base of each of our Locking Suction mounts that ship with a single Toughbar extension pre-installed.
Toughbar™ and RAM Mounting Systems products are made and assembled in the USA. Toughbars ship assembled and tested.
Toughbar™ KLA-5007 SpecificationsComponents (included)
Rod: Hardened Steel, Black Oxide Finish
Extension Length: 10.5" (26.7 cm)
Ball Center-to-Center Length: 9". (22.9 cm)
Weight: 5.5 oz. (156 g)
Tubing: Blk UV-Resistant PVC
RAM Mount Components (included)
RAM BASE W/1/4"-20 HOLE HEX & 1" BALL
Material: Powder Coated Marine Grade Aluminum
RAM DBL SOCKET ARM B BALL
Material: High Strength Composite
For more information about the Kayalu Toughbar™ 10.5" Extension Arm read Product Details.