The Kayalu Toughbar™ Elbow is a multi-jointed 19.5" (49.5 cm) extension comprised of an 8.5 inch Toughbar attached to a 10.5 inch Toughbar. The extension elbow allows you to modify your existing RAM Mounts assembly to allow for incredibly versatile positioning, while retaining an unparalleled level of strength and rugged reliability.
The Kayalu Toughbar™ Elbowis a premium-grade extension compatible with any existingRAM Mount assembly using RAM′s 1-inch "B" ball, including camera mounts, GPS mounts, iPhone and iPod mounts, fishfinder mounts, binocular mounts, etc.
The Toughbar Elbow is 100% compatible with Kayalu ParkerMount™ and nClamp™ mounts and Kayalu-accessorized RAM Locking Suction mounts available in our Online Catalog store.
We manufacture each Toughbar using 100% original RAM Mount components, specifically a RAM marine-grade anodized aluminum 1-inch "B" ball at either end of our own high-strength stainless steel extension rod and UV-resistant PVC tubing. Each Toughbar includes a RAM double-socket high-strength composite coupler arm, ready for insertion into your existing RAM assembly.
The Toughbar Elbow is compatible with:
• All RAM Mounts assemblies using the standard 1-inch "B" ball
• nClamp™ mounts
• ParkerMount™ Extension Arm Mounts
• Kayalu / RAM Locking Suctionmounts
IMPORTANT: The Kayalu Toughbar Elbow, particularly when supporting a payload weighing over 8 ounces (226 g), creates leveraged force at the base of your existing mount. For this reason, we recommend that your existing mount have an aluminum RAM Mounts ball (such as on Kayalu Parker rigid mounts and nClamp products) rather than a high-strength composite RAM Mounts ball.
The Kayalu Toughbar Elbow is not recommended for use in the following applications:
- Suction mounts installed on surfaces that are subject to impact or jarred movements such as on kayaks and waterboards. For such applications, we recommend a Kayalu Parker series rigid mount.
- Suction mounts carrying payloads heavier than 8 ounces (226 g) installed on surfaces that are subject to vibration or bouncing, such as on automobiles and boats. For such applications, we recommend a Kayalu Parker series rigid mount.
- Tension mounts (i.e. Kayaball, Kayacam) subject to impact, jarring, vibration or bouncing. Tension-based mounts are engineered to manage leverage exerted by their payloads at a particular height from the base, and do not support Toughbar extensions. For such applications, we recommend a Kayalu Parker series rigid mount.
- Mounts having a plastic or high-strength composite RAM Mounts ball at their base.
If your existing mount has a high-strength composite ball at its base (such as found on our standard Kayalu/RAM Locking Suction mounts) we recommend the purchase of an aluminum diamond base (RAM-B-238) to replace the high-strength composite diamond base (RAP-B-238). See our Extras to purchase the RAM-B-238.
If you are interested in a suction cup mount with a single Toughbar extension, view our Kayalu / RAM Locking Suction line. We include an aluminum ball at the base of each of our Locking Suction mounts that ship with a single Toughbar extension pre-installed.
Toughbar™ and RAM Mounting Systems products are made and assembled in the USA. Kayalu is an authorized Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of RAM Mounting Systems.
Toughbar™ Elbow KLA-5010 SpecificationsComponents (included)
Rod #1: Stainless Steel, Black Oxide Finish
Extension Length: 10.5" (26.7 cm)
Ball Center-to-Center Length: 9". (22.9 cm)
Rod #2: Stainless Steel
Extension Length: 8.5" (20 cm)
Ball Center-to-Center Length: 7". (17.8 cm)
Elbow Extension: 19.5" (49.5 cm)
Elbow Weight: 11 oz. (312 g)
Tubing: Blk UV-Resistant PVC
RAM Mount Components (included)
RAM BASE W/1/4"-20 HOLE HEX & 1" BALL
Material: Powder Coated Marine Grade Aluminum
RAM DBL SOCKET ARM B BALL
Material: High Strength Composite
For more information about the Kayalu Toughbar™ Elbow read Product Details.