Engineered for kayak and SUP paddlers, the Kayalu WaterTorch XT is a rugged, bright white dual-LED, waterproof light, with a power-locking suction cup manufactured by RAM Mounting Systems (Seattle, WA).
The WaterTorch XT ships as a kit requiring minor assembly, allowing you to build the light to any one of three heights:
13.5" (34 cm)
20.5" (52 cm)
27.5" (70 cm)
See the image below to view the three WaterTorch XT heights possible with this kit. All marine-grade stainless steel hardware required is included.
The light at the top of the WaterTorch XT is manufactured for Kayalu by Tektite Industries (Trenton, NJ), using the same patented, submersible light technology that we integrate into our popular Kayalite® and Kayalite-SUP products. The WaterTorch XT can accept any Kayalu or Tektite Mark III replacement parts including a wide array of lenses and LED modules. Tektite is a leading supplier of lights and gear used in harsh environments and challenging applications.
Technical Specs and Features
- High-visibility, bright white 2-LED light operates for over 100 hours on a single set of 3 removable AA alkaline batteries (included). Individual LED life rated at over 10,000 hours.
- Assembles to 13.5", 20.5" and 27.5" (70 cm). A Phillips screwdriver is required for assembly. Total estimated assembly time: 5-10 minutes.
- Waterproof (IPX8 rated), submersible to 1000 feet (300 m) below sea level. Patented double-gasket seal protects batteries, electronics and LED module from exposure to marine water, rainwater and humidity.
- Industrial grade suction cup vacuum seals to any non-porous surface. Mechanical locking mechanism provides powerful suction while eliminating the need for signficant downward force when mounting. Once unlocked, a rubber pull-up tab on cup provides means for quick release.
- Thick-wall lens and tube construction, virtually crush-proof, capable of withstanding significant impact.
- White diffusion lens, manufactured of titanium-infused Lexan, provides optimal distribution of light emitted from WaterTorch XT's dual-LED module.
- 100% marine-grade stainless steel hardware for use in saltwater and freshwater.
- Long-length 18" (46 cm) marine-grade, nylon-coated tether included, easily tied to kayak deck rigging to prevent accidental loss of light or suction assembly.
- Marine-grade stainless steel split ring included for securing the light, when stored, to a clip, carabiner, crate or deck rigging.
- Suction cup cap included.
- Weight of 27.5" asssembly: 13 oz. (369 grams).
- Meets U.S. Coast Guard Rule 25 regulations for kayak, SUP, SOT, canoe and USCG-defined "vessels under oars."
- Made in USA.